- SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK WILL BE REQUESTED AS PART OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- MUST BE OR BECOME A MEMBER OF SAG-AFTRA
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, related field or equivalent experience, preferred.
- Ability to establish listener motivation and loyalty in the target demographic.
- Ability to conduct on-air interview and interact with callers.
- Good conversationalist, well-read, knowledgeable and articulate in dealing with current affairs.
- Ability to enunciate clearly and interpret and read copy fluently.
- Ability to operate all mechanical functions of preparing and delivering an on-air performance, including the recording, editing and playback of listener telephone calls; the preparation of recorded “bits” and other show elements; the operation of the control room console and studio equipment.
- Ability to write and create commercial production, voiceovers and imaging as needed.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of FCC rules and regulations which pertain to announcers, particularly but not limited to Sections d 315, 217 and 508.
- Ability and willingness to be coached and directed by Program Director, Assistant Program Director or Consultant.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS WILL NOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT AN AIR CHECK SAMPLE OF YOUR WORK.
|POSITION SUMMARY: Creates and performs live broadcasts that are entertaining and informative, that project the Company’s desired on-air image, and that achieve maximum audience acceptance and ratings. Works closely with the programming and sales teams to grow the Company’s revenue and on-air and digital audience. Reports to Program Director.|
- Plan, prepare and deliver live and recorded program content for assigned station in an entertaining and professional manner in a style consistent with the appropriate station format.
- Preparation of online blogs and similar social media activities on behalf of the Stations; the creation of podcasts or videos or both for online distribution, and participation in, and use of, various digital media platforms.
- Ensure that all program content is in compliance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
- Promote the Company and Clients of the Company by making live appearances at public or private events and performing remote broadcasts.
- Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, calculator, etc.) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
St. Louis, MO
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER