One of life’s mysteries has been solved! The five second food rule is real. Researchers found that food picked up just a few seconds after being dropped is less likely to contain bacteria than if it is left for longer periods of time. They also surveyed people about the rule: 87% of people said they would eat food dropped on the floor, or already have done so.
1. “Breakout session” We will sit in a room and repeat very dull ideas.
2. “In this brainstorm, there are no bad ideas” This brainstorm will be nothing but bad ideas.
3. “Could you put this in an email” Which I will ignore.
4. “By mutual agreement” The boss thinks…
5. “We’ve brought in a consultant” Everyone is about to be fired.
6. “We’re restructuring the company” Everyone is fired.
7. “It’s been great working with you guys” So long suckers.
8. “Moving on to greener pastures” Fired.
Just days after Katy Perry went on Australian TV and joked about Miley Cyrus’ tongue, Miley fired back on Twitter and commented on Katy’s ex, John Mayer. You may have heard that after Katy was asked what it was like to kiss Miley during her Bangerz! concert in L.A., she said, “God knows where that tongue has been. We don’t know! That tongue is so infamous!” After hearing what Katy said, Miley tweeted: “Girl if you’re worried about where tongues have been, good thing your ex boo is your EX BOO cause we ALL know where that tongue has been.” Katy tweeted back: “Oooo gurrrl I’m gonna give you the BIGGEST spanking when I see you in the UK.”
By now you’ve heard that Katy Perry and John Mayer have broken up… again. Now come reports claiming he cheated. According to Star magazine, Katy ended the romance when she found out about John’s relationship with 24-year-old SoulCycle instructor Lauren McHale. John and Lauren met at a bar in Los Angeles last year and he went back to her house for a party after having a few drinks. A source said, “They kissed. It was very innocent. They didn’t sleep together. But that was enough for Katy. They have completely broken up. Katy is a wreck.”
Hangovers don’t stop us from drinking. Yep, a new study has found that hangovers have a very minimal impact on deciding whether or not to continue drinking. Another false rumor is that many people drink when they have a hangover to try to get rid of it – the “hair of the dog” theory. People don’t actually do this either. So what’s the lesson here? If you know a problem drinker, pointing out their hangovers isn’t going to make them stop imbibing. Also, when you have a hangover, drink water.
Experts say texting and walking leads to more injuries than texting and driving. Emergency room doctors say distracted walking results in more injuries per mile than distracted driving, though distracted driving results in more serious injuries. The docs say texting and walking can have consequences like bumping into walls, falling down stairs, tripping over clutter and stepping into traffic.
So, where’s the best place to send a text? How about sitting at your desk while pretending to work?
The New York Medical Examiner’s office says actor Philip Seymour Hoffman died of a “mixed drug intoxication including heroin and cocaine.” It’s the same combination that killed River Phoenix, Chris Farley and John Belushi. Hoffman also had valium and several anti-anxiety medicines in his system. The Oscar-winning actor was found dead on the bathroom floor of his Manhattan apartment with a syringe stuck in his left arm. His death was ruled an “accident.”
If you consider yourself a hugger, it can get you into trouble at work. Take a look at the 11 rules for hugging at work to make sure you’re doing it right.
1. You can’t hug someone you supervise unless they’ve lost a loved one or they’re getting married.
2. If a client initiates a hug, follow through.
3. Don’t hug someone you’ve had an office affair with.
4. You can hug your peers, just NOT every day.
5. Don’t give out fake hugs.
6. Don’t whisper “you smell good” as you hug them.
7. Don’t close your eyes while hugging.
8. It’s OK to announce a hug is coming.
9. Never hug someone from behind.
10. Don’t hug in the restroom.
11. If you’re not sure whether you should hug someone, it’s better not to hug.
Animal experts say dogs feel no shame despite the looks they give. Animal behaviorists argue dogs lack shame, and the guilty look of head cowered and ears back is a reaction to the tantrum you are throwing. They say dogs can certainly learn from bad behavior, but rewards or punishment are most effective right after the wrongdoing.
A new study has revealed that 60% of newlyweds will have slept with two or more people in attendance at their wedding. 30% of those with bed partners in the pews behind them said it’s a good idea to NOT let your spouse-to-be know the truth about your escapades. Ignorance is bliss after all.
A quarter of all newlyweds said they didn’t end up consumating their relationship on their wedding night because they were too tired or too drunk.