Sports Board Operator
TITLE OF POSITION: Board Operator
STATION & LOCATION: Hubbard Radio St. Louis LLC/WXOS
HOURS: 10-15 per week
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt (hourly)
POSTED DATE: 3.18.13
CLOSING DATE: 06.18.13 or until filled
POSITION SUMMARY/OBJECTIVE: Ensures that all preplanned components of a broadcast are carried out as designed, including, set-up, operation and maintenance of electronic equipment used to transmit radio programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/REQUIREMENTS:
- Monitor strength, clarity, and reliability of incoming and outgoing signals, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain quality broadcasts.
- Observe monitors and converse with station personnel to determine audio and video levels.
- Control audio equipment to regulate the volume and sound quality during radio broadcasts.
- Report equipment problems, ensure that repairs are made, and make emergency repairs to equipment when necessary.
- Maintain daily radio logs.
- Run spots/imaging according to logs and show.
- Log played commercial inventory
- Maintain live spots for talent.
- Run boards for talent.
- Screening of calls for on-air purposes.
- Write, log and record times of maintaining of airwaves.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school education or equivalent.
- One-Two (1-2) years commercial broadcast experience or equivalent.
- Proven ability for accuracy and follow-through.
- Candidates must be reliable, dependable and able to work overnights and flexible hours.
- Willing to accept responsibility and work under moderate supervision while resolving varied problems, which require general knowledge of company’s policies and procedures.
- Able to work under pressure and effectively handle the stresses of the responsibilities of the position and assure on-air hosts receive material for broadcast on time as the services performed affect company image, clients and the listening audience. Errors may incur financial or time loss.
- Dependable and flexible to perform unscheduled assignments.
- Consistently works hours required. Works more when required to meet deadlines including odd shifts, weekends, holidays, overtime, evenings, etc.
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management, and clients.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Receive, process, and maintain information through oral and/or written communication effectively.
- Substantial physical movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Lift, move, and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Ability to extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction with good eye and hand coordination.
Hubbard Radio St. Louis LLC
ATTN: Amanda Koeppe, HR Director
11647 Olive Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63141
Qualified candidates are invited to download the application available on our web site.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not allow walk-in candidates. To be considered, an application must be submitted by fax, email or mail for current posted position(s). Resume is accepted when accompanying our application. Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted. If you are offered employment, you will be asked to sign an agreement of hire between you and Hubbard regarding your employment with the Company prior to commencing employment the Company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer